Green Hummus with Pistachios, Basil, and Matcha
A dear friend just brought some delicious tahina from Haifa so I prepared my favourite hummus with pistachios. Enjoy!
- 250 g dried chick peas
- 150 g pistachios (unsalted)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 200 g tahina
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder (indian)
- 1 teaspoon of matcha (powdered green tea)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of water (add the water chickpeas were cooked in)
- Soak the chick peas the night before in plenty of cold water
- Next morning discard the water, rinse the chickpeas well, drain and cook them in plenty of water in a covered pot (low heat) for about 90 minutes till they are soft. Drain the chickpeas but don’t thow away the water.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and pulse for a few minutes until the paste is smooth. Taste and add some more salt if necessary.
- Before serving pour a generous amount of olive oil on top, add some pistachios and cumin for decoration purposes. Hummus keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.